Atlanta Commercial Auto Insurance
Also Serving Lawrenceville, Roswell, Buford, Duluth, Snellville & surrounding areas in Georgia
Ready to Begin Your Commercial Auto Insurance Quote
Business owners should have auto insurance for their company vehicles, just like the insurance they use for their personal vehicles. These coverages include liability, collision and comprehensive, medical payments (known as personal injury protection in some states) and coverage for uninsured motorists. While these coverages are the same, a commercial auto policy has significant differences from a personal auto policy.
What Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
A personal auto insurance policy—the type of coverage you or an employee may have for your private vehicle—doesn’t cover business-related driving. A personal auto insurance policy usually covers one person driving their own vehicle. Commercial auto coverage insures an entire business, including numerous drivers and multiple vehicles.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Commercial auto insurance offers a wide range of coverage. Your business should have commercial coverage if you have:
- Vehicles owned or leased by your business.
- Company vehicles that employees use for business purposes.
Commercial auto policies typically do not cover rented vehicles used by your business or employees’ personal vehicles used for business purposes. These scenarios would indicate a need for a hired non-owned auto insurance policy to obtain appropriate liability coverage.
What Types of Coverage Are Common?
Many policyholders customize their auto insurance policies by adding endorsements that offer additional coverage. Businesses can choose from multiple coverages, including roadside assistance coverage and vehicle replacement cost coverage, towing reimbursement, rental reimbursement and gap coverage for auto loans or leases.
The most common types of coverage that businesses purchase include:
- Collision insurance—This can help cover damage to your vehicle from an accident or collision with an object (not including an animal-related collision).
- Comprehensive insurance—This coverage can help pay for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft or vandalism, as well as animal collisions.
- Hired/non-owned auto liability insurance—This liability coverage often covers vehicles not owned by your business but are used by you for business purposes. These may include employees’ cars or vehicles that you rent or hire for temporary use.
- Liability insurance—This coverage can help pay for the damage you do to others when an accident is your fault.
- Bodily injury liability coverage can pay for third-party medical bills and sometimes death benefits.
- Property damage liability coverage can pay for damage to the other party’s property.
- Medical payments/personal injury protection—If you’re hurt in an accident, this coverage may help pay your or a passenger’s medical bills. Sometimes it may also cover other losses, such as lost income.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This may help protect against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have suitable liability coverage.
Is a Commercial Auto Insurance Policy Expensive?
Commercial auto insurance typically costs more than personal auto insurance because a business has a higher liability risk and property damage claims if the company transports goods or people for money. The cost of commercial auto insurance depends on numerous factors, including:
- Your business’s size
- Quantity, prices and types of vehicles
- Number of employees driving company vehicles
- Your business and driving risks
- Employees’ driving records
- Amount of coverage
How to Get Commercial Auto Insurance
To get commercial auto insurance for your business, call Guardian Insurance today at 855-554-6482. We work with a variety of carriers, including Progressive and Kemper, to get you coverage that best meets the needs of your business.
The team at Guardian Insurance, Inc., is ready to help out. Give us a call at 855.554.6482 or request a free online quote! We proudly offer bi-lingual services.
Insurance Resources on Commercial Auto Insurance