Just like with personal auto insurance, any vehicles used for business, whether they provide employee mobility or transport goods and equipment, must be insured to protect other drivers who share the road. Beyond the minimum legal requirements, there are many more coverage options to add protection to your business’ vehicles, which may include:
Coverage can be purchased individually for each vehicle (a good option for a business with few vehicles) or as a blanket policy that extends over an entire fleet. Liability coverage is the only necessary coverage, however business vehicles often require more specialized coverage for comprehensive protection, which may include:
- Cars, trucks or vans used to deliver goods or pick up passengers
- Any vehicles owned, leased or rented by your business
- Personal vehicles driven by employees for business purposes
- Liability coverage: Covers the costs associated with property damage and bodily injury inflicted on a third party as a result of a collision.
- Collision coverage: Covers the costs of damage or destruction to covered vehicles that occur during a collision.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers the costs of damage or destruction to covered vehicles that result from events other than collisions, such as fire, hail, severe storms, theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Covers the costs of damage or destruction to covered vehicles and driver medical expenses resulting from a collision with an at-fault driver who is uninsured or underinsured.
- Medical expense coverage: Covers the costs of necessary medical treatment after a covered driver has been involved in a collision.
- Hire auto coverage: Covers the costs of damage or destruction to vehicles that were rented by the policyholder.
- Non-owned auto coverage: Covers the costs of damage or destruction to employee-owned vehicles that are involved in a collision while being used for business purposes.
Ask us about coverage for your fleet. Call Guardian Insurance at 855-464-8273 for more information on Atlanta commercial auto insurance.